Alorica Workers' Compensation & Leaves Specialist in Plano, Texas
Serve as subject matter expert in the functional areas of workers’ compensation and leaves administration. Partner with and advise the Workers’ Compensation & Leaves Administration team on escalated issues. Partner with the global workforce, legal counsel, and insurance vendors to ensure company wide compliance with all applicable policy and procedure and legal regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Serve as the first point of contact for termination requests and escalated issues relating to Workers’ Compensation matters. .
· Responsible for reviewing settlements and reserve requests for workers’ compensation.
· Proactively conduct monthly department audits to ensure compliance.
· Administer the workers’ compensation claim, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, and return to work processes for all Corporate files, including, but not limited to filing of claims, collection and retention of relevant documents, approval/denial of leave and accommodation requests, responding to legal requests for information, and partnering with appropriate HR personnel and management to resolve issues.
· Develop and maintain accurate files of all confidential information, both hardcopy and database files.
· Lead departmental projects and safety committees, provide report data as requested, and regularly communicate activity updates and issues to management.
· Develop and maintain management reports as requested.
· Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Related Degree or equivalent related work experience.
· 2 years of related field experience required. 3 years of related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
· Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Ability to use independent judgment and has a thorough understanding of applicable Workers’ Compensation & Leaves laws and regulations.
· Ability to coordinate training with sites and adhere to scheduled deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
· Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Supervisory/Management Responsibility: N/A
o Internal- Global Workforce
o External- Attorneys, Insurance Vendors, Government Regulatory Agencies
· Office environment.
· Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
· Abilty to travel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Employer reserves the right to modify this job description, including by adding, removing, and altering job duties.