Alorica Desktop Support Supervisor in Irvine, California
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Establishes, prioritizes, and supervises varied tasks relating to Desktop Support, via phone, remote computer access and in person. Coordinates all installations and fixes for desktop computers including computer labs, computer classrooms, training and administrative systems. Responsible for the setup, maintenance and on-going administration of various mission critical servers.
• • Responsible for the management, operation, and administration of all Desktop Support file and application servers.
• Analyzes and develops, information technology infrastructure systems and sub systems.
• Ensures that an advanced level of expertise and technical support are provided to the entire organization on information technology systems and services.
• Assists organization users in assessing the technical requirements that meet the needs of their operation.
• Approves new and established procedures for preventative and remedial maintenance of systems.
• Coordinates and ensures that quality customer service is provided to staff, management and employees of the organization.
• Assists with evaluating and recommending of hardware and software upgrades and software packages.
• Works with vendor personnel to identify and solve all vendor hardware and software problems.
• May be required to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Responsible for establishing job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluating staff.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• • May serve as a liaison between the immediate organization and regional operations, other providers, vendors and telecommunications organizations.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Technology and network systems certifications preferred
• Additional job related experience and/or education may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis
• Five years job-related work experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires in-depth analysis to interpret and evaluate obscure/vague information in the development of new solutions for complex technical and/or managerial problems.
• The knowledge and/or technology used in quality assurance concepts and procedures.
• Business principles and business and industry-specific terminology.
• Extensive IT experience and knowledge is a requirement
• Excellent communication, writing and organization skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with team members and department contacts
• Ability to cooperate with team members to meet goals or complete tasks
• Ability to treat all internal/external customers and team members with dignity/respect
• Constant work performed in a Corporate environment
• Frequent work performed while sitting and/or standing
• Constant use of computer, telephone devices and other general office equipment
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.