Alorica Data Center Systems Administrator - Plano, TX in Plano, Texas
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Manages IT end user technical support for executives, visitors and support staff. Manages and oversees all aspects of IT End User Support including, but not limited to, the design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware, software, and other computing technology at the corporate site. Responsible for all Video Teleconference equipment for the enterprise.
• Serves as a central point of contact for implementation, integration and completion of end user and management requests and escalation point for advanced end user support
• Applies understanding of computer software and hardware to diagnose problems, determine appropriate course of action, provide complete follow-through to successful resolution
• Provides integrated and project management support for all technology platforms
• Maintains accurate documentation in the Help Desk system of all user requests, repairs and reported issues including cause, resolution and preventative action
• Manage IT end user support requests from the executive staff, visitors and support staff to deliver all IT needs including the design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware, software, and other computing technology
• Ensure support coverage is available to end users either on-site or on-call 24/7, coordinate additional resources during critical meetings at the site as required
• Monitor onsite technology equipment performance to ensure corporate departments are receiving comprehensive and timely desktop, telecommunications, and network infrastructure support
• Oversee all hardware, software and computing technology warranty repairs
• Manage all Video Teleconference equipment providing the site with high quality customer support including facilitation, scheduling and technical support for multiple systems
• Ensure the quality of support and integrity to end users is maintained
• Provide project management to all corporate projects, including analyzing end user needs and developing and implementing the action plan
• Coordinate the activities of IT purchasing, IT vendor relationships, and software licensing in the area of end user support
• Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
• Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and upgrading computer systems. Performs complex computer repairs and coordinates vendor support for more critical repairs.
• Performs installation and testing of software products individually and/or as part of a team
• Provides analysis and technical solutions to a variety of problems that are routinely encountered under normal business activities
• Create documentation for processes developed
• Responsible for maintaining and updating hardware and software inventories on desktop and server equipment
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and all internal departments to deliver a high level of service
• Responsible for identifying and initiating resolutions to customer problems associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• May perform special assignments to support site objectives functioning across disciplines and areas of expertise
• Makes recommendations to implement improved processes
• Performs other duties as assigned by managementJOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree including course work in computer science and Microsoft certification required
• Minimum 6 years of experience operating within a multiple technological environment, related experience may substitute for college course work
• Minimum 4 years of previous IT/related management experience required, 5+ years of previous IT/related management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of network and communications hardware/software and knowledge in creation of technical project plans
• Excellent computer skills including desktop computing systems hardware, software
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Cisco Certification, A+ Certification, or related certifications a plus
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to most levels of management and non-technical users across functional lines
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to follow up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
• Office environment.
• Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds of computer related equipment
• Required to carry a cell phone/pager and be on call for emergencies
• Occasionally required to perform job duties outside of normal business hours
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.