Alorica HR Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Performs difficult, professional-level work overseeing the broad operations of all Human Resources functions at a site-specific call center to include employee relations, orientation, performance management and discipline, etc. Supervision is exercised over all People team members at site.
• Work with line managers on a daily basis to help guide them through the People decision making process.
• Conduct investigations into internal employee complaints as well as 3rd party (EEOC) complaints.
• Conduct exit interviews and provide appropriate feedback and suggestions to leadership team.
• Conduct regular employee discussion groups and provide feedback to the leadership team.
• Hold “twilight hours” to answer general team member questions once per week and provide support to team members working an evening shift.
• Develop a safety and security risk management program to minimize hazards, to report workers’ compensation claims on a timely basis, to track patterns and engage the WC carrier in case management when appropriate so team members may return to work at the earliest possible time.
• Monitors and insures results of People department goals and contributes to the success of operations by adding value consistent with the People Team Vision and Mission.
• Assist team members with open enrollment and monitor pay practices to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Interfaces with other department managers to insure proper workflow and quality of service relative to the needs of the business, and for improving performance management and appraisal processes.
• Monitors and administers unemployment claims, including representing the company through appeal process.
• Ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws including required postings, OSHA logs and SOX recordkeeping through quarterly department audits.
• Supervise and provide direction for Center People Team
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• Audit procedures to ensure company standards are met.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of the People Department operating policy and procedure.
• Assist Talent Acquisition with recruitment needs in support of diversity and equal employment business objectives.
• Help instill a “People sensitive” sense in Management.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
• • Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in psychology, sociology, business administration, or a related field.
• Extensive (5+ years) experience as an HR Manager or relevant supervisory capacity within the HR field.
• Some (1+ years) experience in a service industry with an emphasis in employee relations preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications:
• PHR and/or SPHR or must be willing and able to become certified within one (1) year.
• GPHR optional
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
• Comprehensive experience (6+ years) in all areas of Human Resources Management (as an HR Generalist or higher)
• Thorough understanding of labor and benefit law and administration.
• Training competencies in areas of HR administration, legal/regulatory compliance related to labor/employment matters, supervisory development, diversity and management training.
• Extensive HR knowledge, skills and applicable experience.
• Some knowledge of a call center environment
• Ability to motivate and supervise staff members
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously and to cultivate capabilities beyond those required for the current job and needs of the business.
• • Work is performed in a climate-controlled office environment
• Constant use of a computer and other office related equipment
• Occasional work in call-center conditions
• Occasional domestic travel
• • Frequent walking and traveling throughout call-center
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.